- i. Our downloadable software and mobile applications (including applications for tablets and other connected devices) provided by us, including the MeetKai mobile application on iOS and Android devices (“Apps”), and
- ii. Our website, meetkai.com.
Back To Top
Information We Collect
We may collect information from or about you or your devices from various sources described below. If you do not provide your information when requested, you may not be able to use our Services if that information is necessary to provide you with our Services or if we are legally required to collect it. Where applicable, we indicate whether and why you must provide us with your information, as well as the consequences of failing to do so.
Information Provided By You:
- Registration Information: When you register to use the Services, sign up for notifications or updates on the Services, or participate in our surveys, we may collect your name, email address, location, zip code, gender, age, and any other information that you provide to us.
- Social Network Information: If you choose to connect the Services to your social network accounts (or other third party services or applications), we may collect your profile information (such as your name, gender, age, location, profile picture, and email address) and other information available on your social network account.
- Voice and Audio Information: When you ask to perform a search with your voice or an audio recording, or when you use your voice to control the Services, we may collect voice or audio interactions. When our service is provided embedded into a 3rd party product, we do store any voice or audio recordings directly unless directed to by that 3rd party.
- Information Maintained on Your Device: When you use the Services, and when you have enabled such collection in your device or App settings, we may collect certain information maintained on your device to help us tailor our Services to you, such as the contact information in your device’s address book, your calendars, or pictures stored on your device. Information Obtained from Your Interactions with our Services.
- Usage Information: When you use our Services, our servers may automatically collect information about how you use the Services, such as what you search for, what you ask for, and what you look at.
- Device Information: When you use our Services, our servers may automatically collect information about the device and software you use to access our Services, such as the operating system, hardware model, application or browser version, and unique identifiers associated with your device, such as your device’s advertising identifiers.
- Location Information: When you use the Services, and when you have enabled such collection in your device or App settings, we may collect location information that your mobile device or browser provides. Depending on how you access the Services, we may receive precise geolocation information from GPS, WiFi, or cell tower location, or rough location information through zip code.
- Log Information: When you use our Services, our servers may automatically collect system logs or similar information about your interaction with the Services from your browser. This may include information such as IP address, browser language, date and time of access, browser type or the domain from which you are visiting, web-pages you visit, search terms you use, features you click on and cookie information
- Cookies and Similar Technologies: When you use our Services, our servers may automatically collect additional website usage data to improve our Services. A cookie is a small data file that we transfer to your Internet enabled device for security purposes and to improve our Services by providing technical details about your session. A session cookie enables certain features of our Services and is deleted from your computer when you disconnect from or leave the Services. A persistent cookie remains after you disconnect from or leave the Services and may be used on subsequent visits. This automatically collected information may include your IP address or other device address or ID, web browser and/or device type, the web pages or sites that you visit just before or just after you use the Services, the pages or other content you view or otherwise interact with on the Services, and the dates and times that you visit, access, or use the Services. We use this information to provide you with our Services and tailor them to you by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser settings to decline cookies. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of our Services.
Back To Top
How We Use Your Information
We use information from or about you or your devices for the following purposes:
- To provide and improve our Services and to improve the relevance of information provided to you by our Services, such as by personalizing your user experience;
- To communicate with you and to respond to your inquiries;
- To refine and improve our audio recognition capabilities, and to respond to requests, searches, or commands you speak into the Services;
- To facilitate the connection of third party services or applications;
- To enforce legal rights and to comply with the law;
- To comply with an order from a government entity or other competent authority;
- To prevent or address potential or actual injury or interference with our rights, property, operations, customers or others who may be harmed or may suffer loss or damage;
- To protect our rights, prevent fraud and/or comply with judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on MeetKai;
- For other purposes for which we provide specific notice at the time of the collection of the information;
Back To Top
How We Share Your Information
We do not share or otherwise disclose information we collect from or about you, except as described below or otherwise disclosed to you at the time of the collection. We may share the information we collect from or about you with:
- Our affiliates;
- Our service providers performing services on our behalf (e.g., Site hosting providers and other parties who assist us in operating our App, conducting our business, or serving our customers);
- Third parties, such as law enforcement entities or parties involved in a corporate transaction if (i) we are required to do so by law or in response to legal process, (ii) to enforce our site policies, or (iii) protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety or (iv) in the event we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy or liquidation where the business will not continue as a going concern, receivership, sale of assets, or transition of our Services to another provider, then any information we collect may be sold or transferred as part of such a transaction as permitted by law and/or contract;
- Third parties, such as our vendors, suppliers, advertisers, and analytics companies to improve our Services and the relevance of the content provided by those third parties;
- We do not share information about our own cookies with third parties; third parties can access cookie information only from their own cookies;
- Third parties, with whom you can share data through the functionality provided by the Services for sharing or exporting your search results;
Back To Top
Your Rights and Choices
You may limit some of the information we collect as follows:
- Location Information. You may stop our collection of location information in our Apps by managing your App settings or turning off location services for your device, if your device allows you to do so. Please refer to your device’s settings or user manual for instructions on how to turn off location services.
- Do Not Track. Some browsers provide you with a way to signal that you do not want your browsing activity to be tracked. The Services may not currently respond to a Do Not Track (“DNT”) or similar signal, as we are awaiting consensus from the Internet policy and legal community on the meaning of DNT and the best way to respond to these signals. If you choose not to provide us with information we collect, some features of the Services may not work as intended without access to these sorts of information. For example, navigation features in our App need access to your location to work properly.
Back To Top
Security and Data Retention
MeetKai maintains an information security program designed to safeguard the systems that collect, process, and store the information we collect from or about you or your devices, including against threats of compromise, theft, or destruction. Unfortunately, no information storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, and we cannot ensure or warrant against all forms of attack or compromise caused by unintentional errors, omissions, or malicious actors.
By using our Services, you expressly consent to the storage of the information we collect, including your registration information, location information, and recordings of your voice, in a form associated with your device identifiers.
Back To Top
Children 13 and Under
Unfortunately, our Service and App are not meant for children under age 13. By using the Service or App, you represent that you are 13 years of age or older. If you are under 13, do not use the Service or App or send any information about yourself to us.
We do not knowingly request or collect personal information from anyone under the age of 13 without requiring parental consent. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with information without their consent, he or she should contact us at [email protected]. We will delete such information within a reasonable period of time.
Back To Top
Third Party Apps and Links to Third Party Websites
Back To Top
Changes To This Policy
Back To Top
MeetKai, Inc. is responsible for processing your information. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns about our processing activities, please email us at [email protected] or write to us at:
4136 Del Rey Ave, Suite 640
Marina Del Rey, CA 90292 USA
Back To Top