Status: Full Time
Job Title: Lead Search Research Engineer
Compensation: Competitive Salary + Equity
Location: This position can be done remotely during the pandemic, but ideally the candidate would be in Northern or Southern California, or willing to relocate, once MeetKai’s offices open back up.
MeetKai is a cutting-edge AI startup focused on human-device interaction. Founded in 2018 by Weili Dai and James Kaplan, MeetKai is well financed and scaling quickly. We have a core team of 14 and looking to (at least) double by the end of the year. We have offices (currently closed) in Santa Clara and Marina Del Rey. We have a woman-majority board, and most of our business and prospective business is international.
Part of building a next gen virtual assistant means building a next gen search engine. We are looking for a Lead Search Researcher to build out a search team at the company. The main focuses of the group will be:
- Expand our deep search capabilities. You should feel at home with the ideas mentioned in this blog post and have ideas for how to do better: https://www.blog.google/products/search/search-language-understanding-bert/
- Expand personalization capabilities. Currently we take into consideration implicit, explicit, and content side features -- we want to not only make better use of these signals but also to figure out ways to do so while preserving the user’s privacy
- Expand multilingual capabilities. It is a global world and a lot of our customers are global -- we want to make sure that the systems we build are not english first.
Ideally you should have some combination of the following:
- Demonstrated deployment of advanced techniques in Search
- Papers in the field
- Graduate degree in related material
For more details on what this team works on please reach out directly to firstname.lastname@example.org