Status: Full Time
Job Title: Lead Language Research Engineer
Compensation: Competitive Salary + Equity
Location: This position can be done remotely during the pandemic, but ideally the candidate would be in Northern or Southern California, or willing to relocate, once MeetKai’s offices open back up.
MeetKai is a cutting-edge AI startup focused on human-device interaction. Founded in 2018 by Weili Dai and James Kaplan, MeetKai is well financed and scaling quickly. We have a core team of 14 and looking to (at least) double by the end of the year. We have offices (currently closed) in Santa Clara and Marina Del Rey. We have a woman-majority board, and most of our business and prospective business is international.
We are looking for a Lead Language Researcher to build out our language team. This is the group responsible for the core intelligence behind MeetKai -- covering both language understanding and dialogue management. Because the field is moving so quickly, this group is always trying to stay ahead of where the current research is.
- You should feel very comfortable keeping track of a vast number of ideas being worked on and thinking of your own extensions.
- Be comfortable with implementing academic ideas without relying on example code.
- A willingness to try and throw away new ideas constantly
Ideally you should have some combination of the following:
- Demonstrated deployment of advanced techniques in Language (NLU, Dialogue, Computational Linguistics)
- Papers in the field
- Graduate degree in related material
For more details on what this team works on please reach out directly to firstname.lastname@example.org