Status: Full Time
Job Title: Director/VP level
Compensation: Competitive Salary + Equity
Location: This position can be done remotely during the pandemic, but ideally the candidate would be in Northern or Southern California, or willing to relocate, once MeetKai’s offices open back up.
MeetKai is a cutting-edge AI startup focused on human-device interaction. Founded in 2018 by Weili Dai and James Kaplan, MeetKai is well financed and scaling quickly. We have a core team of 14 and looking to (at least) double by the end of the year. We have offices (currently closed) in Santa Clara and Marina Del Rey. We have a woman-majority board, and most of our business and prospective business is international.
We are looking for an extremely motivated and talented Director/VP of R&D to take the helm of the core research projects at our company.
- Maintain overall roadmaps for Speech/Search/Language research groups
- Be comfortable with conveying information about the results of research to external customers
- Be comfortable with leading effort on papers that we may wish to publish
- Have a mind that keeps in consideration potential new business opportunities that may arise from different R&D expenditures
- Be comfortable recruiting and managing new researchers.
- Be comfortable with making sure that R&D is always product oriented and working with frontend or backend engineers to make sure these results deliver value.
- In this role you will also be responsible for planning new markets or fields that we could enter. For these reasons you should be comfortable with not only all of the above fields (Speech, Language, Search) but the general landscape of AI.